What is the MS 365 Project?

The MS 365 Project is a celebration of my 20th year with Multiple Sclerosis and the active lifestyle that I have used in my fight against MS. This year long project will hopefully raise money for the Can Do MS organization and raise awareness of how strenuous activity can help in the fight against MS.

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

First weekend down and now into the work week

Mileage check at the end of the weekend's last road ride.
 I wanted to get out ahead of my total mileage goal from the beginning of this project.  It just doesn't seem like much to ride an average of 10 miles a day, everyday.  These kinds of things can get away from you, though.  So, after a weekend of riding I'm please to say I've got 70 miles in the books.

Owen unloading his bike.
I got back from a road ride Sunday morning and Owen was running around the house like a 4 year old who had been cooped up for too long.  We ate some lunch while Golden finished up some lesson planning and as we were eating, the skies brightened and the sun came out.  The temperatures rose and while I was showering off the road grime, Owen decided that we needed to go do a bike ride on the greenway.

 So, we loaded up the bikes and took off for a little 3 mile rip around the greenway.  The dogs came with us and eventually ended up with their leashes secured to the baskets of my commuter bike, running along the greenway with their tongues flapping in the breeze as Owen set the pace and sang songs at the top of his lungs.
A little weather check before the morning commute.
Alas, the temperatures did not hold from Sunday and so the Monday morning commute was the cold, dark affair that it has been for a while now.  But that glorious Sunday afternoon is hopefully a reminder of what will soon come...

No comments:

Post a Comment